✰ ✰ ✰
the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate.
In light of recent events in my life, I was told by a wise woman (Mom) that I need to take a step back & then take leap of faith.
While I’m struggling with myself, I shouldn’t let that affect how I treat others.
It honestly does take more energy to be hostile, angry & hold on to negative energy than it does to be kind, generous, & considerate.
When life gets difficult we tend to focus only on the negative things. We become selfish & consumed in our own sorrow that we want others to know & feel pain with us. Obviously it’s easier said then done but when you focus on the good… the good truly does get better.
When you can’t find the sunshine, be that sunshine!
Become the bright light that you need & you will soon see how you are shining your light to those around you who need it. This post order is EXTRA CHEESY but I’m not wrong :-).
Random acts of kindness (& asking for nothing in return) are what make life so beautiful. These are 10 acts of kindness that inspired me to write this post.
2. When your friend sleeps over & they fall asleep early, put their phone on a charger. Every time I sleepover at my best friend’s house, we watch movies or TV on her couch until we fall asleep. I ALWAYS fall asleep with my phone next to me (oops) & every morning when I wake up, my phone is fully charged thanks to her! It’s so simple but it’s one of the nicest things she does for me!
3. Leave a sweet treat on someone’s door step. I had one of the WORST days of my life a few months ago, I was super upset & refused to leave my bed. My amazing & super kind bff (who btw, is one of the strongest people I know) knew how upset I was, she called & texted me multiple times to make sure I was okay. She understood that I need a day to figure things out & take a break from the outside world. She texted me that she stopped by & left me something on my door step, chocolate covered strawberries (which are the key to my heart)!!! I love talking & writing & words are important but you guys… ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. This was the sweetest thing anyone did for me, and I’m so grateful to have a friend like her.
4. Start up someone’s car on a cold winter day. Both my parents have done this for me. In high school my dad would leave for work around the same time my sister & I would leave for school aka TOO EARLY. On the super cold Rhode Island days my Dad would start my car so it could warm up before we left.
5. Send an “inspirational quote” to a friend. There’s nothing like an uplifting quote, phrase, or message to send to someone to brighten up their day. Sending a friend or family member a kind message and saying “this reminded me of you” or “I love you, have a great day” or “thanks for being you” promotes positivity & they’ll be so thankful & hopefully pass along the kindness.
Here are some messages to share…
6. Share a funny meme. It’s the little things. 🙂
7. If you like a stranger’s hair, shirt, shoes, LET THEM KNOW! Who wouldn’t want a compliment.
8. Thank you notes. HAND written thank you notes. My mom always preaches how writing a thank you note to someone who has been generous to you is extremely important.
9. Hold the door for a stranger. Always hold the door for the person behind you. Go out of your way to open doors for strangers who’s hand are full!!!
10. If your friends are having a stressful day, Venmo them, & write “a coffee on me!”
Yessss, you are right. This post was long. Thank YOU for taking the time to read it all. That was very kind of you.
Comment below how you spread kindness today. ☀️
BONUS ACTS OF KINDNESS.
• Call your grandparents! They are ALWAYS thinking about you, so let them know you are thinking about them as well.
• Donate your old clothes! Poshmark who????
•Surprise your work, team, or friends with Donuts! Yes, that’s how we spell “doughnuts” in New England
•Call/text someone & let them know you appreciate them.
•Ask someone how they are, sincerely mean it, & listen well.