✰ ✰ ✰
I am more than happy to be bidding 2018 a farewell. This year was one of the best & worst years of my life all wrapped in one. I struggled A LOT this year battling my own conscious, insecurities & self identity. I found myself questioning every thing I would do and say, I felt I consistently needed reassurance from others about who I am and if what I’m doing is right.
This year I struggled every day battling myself & my own thoughts trying to figure out who I am, where I fit in, and what I’m supposed to be doing. I still don’t have an answer & maybe I never will, but everyday is all about growth & the ability to learn.
Here’s what I learned from people & places in 2018…
• Someone else’s success doesn’t discredit yours.
• Try your best to live in the moment. Don’t keep looking ahead for what could be or what might be, think about what’s happening right now. Who you’re with, what you’re doing. You can’t get to tomorrow without today.
• It’s okay to take a break & keep to yourself for a little, but don’t make it forever.
• Don’t take people for granted.
• Twitter is the best social media app, you can’t argue this.
• Be yourself unapologetically.
• Boys are dumb and DON’T fight with your friends over them.
• Laugh at your bosses jokes always… even when they aren’t funny.
• It’s okay for your home team to lose a basketball game if it’s against Duke because… it’s against Duke.
• If someone makes you happy, do everything you can to make them happier.
• Delaware is my least favorite place on this planet.
• It’s Laurel…
• Sometimes all people want/need is for you just to listen to them. Don’t give advice or your opinion, just be there and show you care.
• Out of sight, out of mind.
• Be grateful for everything & every opportunity you are given… Big or small… even if what you get isn’t something you asked for.
My 2019 New Year’s Resolutions…
1. Drink more water.
2. Explore/try new hobbies!
4. Commit to this bloggggggg :-).
5. Floss, (I may or may not have needed a filler for resolution number five but I bet you’re just as guilty when it comes to teeth & gum hygiene!!!!!¡!!)
✰ ✰ ✰
I am so happy to be closing the book on 2018, and begin moving forward in 2019. I’m excited to start new adventures and share them here with you!
It’s only up from here people!!!